Hey everyone... check out the new expansion of the Schoolhouse into the Classrooms. If you know anyone interested in a space get them to get in touch IMMEDIATELY. We are almost full up. email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, 27 June 2011
Sunday, 26 June 2011
Saturday, 25 June 2011
Broadsheet love Gemma's up coming class at the SHS so do we!....
Here are the details...
Project: Totally Awesome Winter CAPE!
Time: 10.30am - 12.30pm commencing Saturday 23rd June
Location: School House Studios, 97 Nicholson Street, Abbotsford
You do not have to own a sewing machine to participate, as machines will be provided.
Cost: $105 (for all three classes)
Preparation: If you already own a machine, become familiar with it. At first, learn how your machine's tension works. Try sewing a neat straight line, then try sewing a neat circle. Try and find the reverse function on your machine. Try threading your machine, and refilling your cotton spool. You will soon realise that most machines are similar.
What to bring:
· 3 by 1.5 Metres of warm fabric for the outer side of your cape. I would suggest 100% pure wool.
· 3 by 1.5 Metres of light fabric for the inside of your cape. I would suggest 100% pure cotton.
· A pair of sharp fabric scissors.
· A fabric pencil.
· A box of pins.
· Cotton which matches your fabric colour
· A clasp or button to close your cape. I would suggest a button similar to that used on a duffel coat.
· Layout and cut out all fabric / pattern pieces
· Learn how to lay out pattern pieces (with out wasting fabric)
· Straight / bias grain awareness
· Reading a pattern
· Sewing on hood
· Pin and sew outer edges, zig zag cut and press
· General stitch machine skills
· Reinforcing stitches
· Stitch tension.
· Reading a pattern cont:
· Reading notches cont:
· Pressing edges.
· Sew the opening closed.
· Sew on clasp
· Neat finishing
Helpful places to visit: The fabric store on Brunswick street have some nice fabrics, or you could try Clegs on Elizabeth street in the city, or Spotlight on Sydney Road, or Lincraft on little Collins Street.
BRUNCH of muffins, pastries, freshly ground drip coffee orange juice will be provided!
If you would like to reserve a place, please let me know.
G E M M A P A T F O R D
+61 439 423 959
Sunday, 19 June 2011
Thursday, 16 June 2011
Amazing night last night at the Schoolhouse Studios. Bec put on a great night of music and dancing for us all in the Chapel. Thanks to Jacob Silver, The Pups and The Harpoons for playing... you're all super talented. Sorry to those of you who didn't make it in, we had a totally full house.
Posted by schoolhouse studios at 18:54
Tuesday, 14 June 2011
Show and Tell at Schoolhouse. Everyone was in very good spirits despite a large
evening at RAOB GAB on Friday night.
There is even a miniature Schoolhouse Studios.
due to her amazing spread of vintage clothes.
Posted by schoolhouse studios at 05:19